- To ensure that deaf persons have equal opportunities to enable them to live an independent life of the highest possible quality;
- To work with Maltese authorities in order to improve accessibility for the deaf as well as inclusion of deaf persons within the society. This is done by identifying and removing barriers so that deaf persons can have full participation in all areas of life;
- To raise public awareness about the Deaf culture within the Maltese society;
- To disseminate information on existing facilities available for deaf persons;
- To promote the Maltese deaf community in local as well as international events and projects.
The Statute has been last updated in August 2020